View Single Post
CoryAR

Member Since May 2018
Default May 21, 2018 at 10:17 PM

A little background history: I’ve been a lot of people’s ‘punching bag’ throughout my life, primarily in school (mostly middle school), but even as an adult I’ve been mistreated by people. The odd thing is mostly men mistreated me during school, but as an adult I’ve been mistreated by more women. Though, I’ve noticed the trend that all women in my adulthood that have mistreated me were younger women, so I suppose they’re just insecure/inexperienced.

I’m the type that stays quiet when something is bothering me, so I have rarely (if ever) stood up for myself (the bad self-esteem is of no help either). I’m probably classified as ‘weak’ for not standing up for myself. I also take things too personal and make everything out to be myself that’s at fault. One reason I think my self-esteem is so terrible is because I’ve been consistently beat down by others psychical and verbal abuse, I make it out to be a problem with me, which I know is the incorrect approach.

How do I filter out other people’s harassment from affecting my personality? How do I make it not be my problem, but theirs?
CoryAR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky