View Single Post
skatkats

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2018 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
You can’t make people quit drinking. You didn’t cause and you can’t cure it. It doesn’t mean you should be ok with it. But you really only have two options: ignore it and just enjoy your life or leave. You can’t control his drinking. You can only control yourself

Now him going to work doesn’t mean he might not be an alcoholic. There are high functioning alcoholics, the ones that maintain their jobs and home but self medicate with alcohol. 12 cans a night is a lot of alcohol.

I am not telling you that you should leave your husband but you can’t make him quit. But you can make you own decisions
In my experience the last 20+ years, I completely and absolutely agree with @divine1966. You may consider yourself in all this and what is best for you. A half case of beer a night that you have watched progress to this point. The thing about alcoholism...... there is no possible way to reverse it, a person either treats it or they progressively get worse over time. Oh.... of course there is always some reason however trivial it may be for the increase in volume of drinking over a period of time. Again, I am speaking from more than 20 years of dealing with my own alcoholism. I hope I have been able to give you some insight as to what you described.
skatkats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote