View Single Post
kreg

Member Since Feb 2010
5 hugs
given
Default May 24, 2018 at 06:20 PM

I see what yr saying and agree. I notice seniors who don't have a lot of social life really cut loose when they find an opportunity to chat. I still work part time and have made several bad impressions on people from being too quick to talk. It's been going on for 5 or more years. I'm a little better now having learned from experience. I stay back more often except for a few close acquaintances. I try to put more quality into things I talk about. Things more mature people do. and say less.

It seems like there is something chemical inside me. For years I suffered from depression, could hardly say much of anything, had no energy. then during the 60's the drug years I discovered that taking amphetamines would have a carryover effect for several days where I was more energetic and talkative. It worked like a medicine. But then after 40 years it seemed like the depression left and I was swinging towards the manic state and that's where I am now to a degree. I have too much energy so I'm too talkative. The other day the wife asked me if I was taking speed-I was getting so much done-but no. Sometimes I try to foresee situations so I can prepare not to say much but that's very hard to do once you are in the situation. I have driven some close friends away by my conduct which at first really hurt and I wanted to kill them but then I realized you have to own up to your own conduct. That relived the vengeance.

Last edited by kreg; May 24, 2018 at 06:37 PM..
kreg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote