View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2018 at 09:09 AM

Making a pitch for a fresh project soon, and today I start the composing. It’s been mostly sketches and idle daydreaming for the past few days. Sort like flipping mental images of sequence and partnership of ideas.

At one point I said to myself, “This part I really like.” The pouring out of pure ideas. Everything feels open and free in my thinking.

There’s also a love of fitting something with many parts into the box of time offered. What to highlight, what to let be an undertone, what to let go. Ah, yes, even with open possibilities not every idea makes the cut, this time.

Another interesting thing I’ve started adding images or small icons to my descriptions. The first time I tried this (for a government department, so might have guessed) as I rewrote it through 5 versions the images I gradually let the images go. From originally having about 4 I think the final version had just one.

Still didn’t get the gig because of basic incompatibility between what I offered and the demands of the possible client. We imagined different work products and processes as we envisioned the Scope. Ah well. I got to practice a new format.

Last time I used Powerpoint for the proposal, converting it to a pdf to send. It allows enough flexibility for adding images and picture. This time I’m starting with LibreOffice. Since the first attempt at this I have stumbled upon the Noun Project which has thousands of Creative Commons icons for download and use.

My fingers feel warmed enough.

To the page,

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote