Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2015
5,382 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2018 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
I agree that he should pay some consequences, but hopefully they should be in line with the severity of his actions and no more. From what I heard of his actions, they weren't severe enough to warrant never hearing from him again. If they were, then I could understand a permanent departure. I'm satisfied with his apologies as long as he learns from the experience and stops his dirty old man ways. As a person with bipolar disorder, I've had to learn from inappropriate things I've done. I finally accepted treatment and don't do those things anymore.

There are people I've met in the past who will never be friendly with me despite my accepting treatment and not behaving poorly again. I will also struggle in ways in the future as a result of stigma of mental illness and things I did wrong. Is that a good punishment for me? Perhaps you say yes. Perhaps you would never be friendly with me.

I never had a job where mass numbers of people knew me. It might be possible that I can start a career elsewhere with anonymity. People like Morgan Freeman? Should he just be forced to retire?

I agree that the Me Too movement is a very good thing, as long as it doesn't start hurting people way significantly harsher than is warranted. I know this discussion makes me seem horrible to some, but I have felt something akin to what Morgan Freeman might be feeling. Let there be no more chances for me? Or any chances for others?

I agree entirely with your post, Birdie. It seems like society in general has absolutely zero tolerance for people being simply human. Everyone makes mistakes. Geez. People don't deserve to be crucified for slipping up a bit.
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote