View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default May 30, 2018 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Laurie* View Post
Yes, I believe that it is essential in life to learn and change for the better.

That said, with regard specifically to Bipolar Disorder, where is the line between being able to control certain impulses because we learned how to control them, and being manic and unable to control oneself until we receive treatment?

Anyway, I don't mean to change the topic of this thread. I just had that thought.
That is a big question. For me, the answer has changed throughout the years, but still isn't completely definitive.

I'm lucky that I finally accepted my diagnosis when I did, but as I said, I still wish it had been sooner. It also took longer than just accepting to make significant changes. I'm still plenty flawed.

Obviously my life situation is different than that of a star's. I will never know what that is like for some. I do know that fame does negative things to stars as well as positive. How those negatives show themselves seem to vary from what I've seen. What seems wonderful to regular people is oddly not completely so to those with fame. Think of all the famous people who die prematurely. Eventually turn people off. Do illegal things thinking their fame makes them above the law. Many people have some bit of poison in them. Even the best of people.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote