View Single Post
carcrashonrepeat

Member Since Mar 2018
113 hugs
given
Default May 30, 2018 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude8D View Post
Hey guys, I've been 5 months sober from alcohol/drugs and things have been going super good. I had my first day at the job training which was a big step (I have severe job anxiety), but the training lady WOULD NOT quit talking about alcohol and all the fun it is! She talked about it so much at one point that I felt it necessary to let her know that I am a recovering addict and that it's only been 5 months. She continued to talk about it, mentioned she should be more considerate, then IMMEDIATELY talked about joints, and more alcohol talk! I honestly can't believe how unprofessional this was. This was not even in a setting where alcohol/drugs should come up (training session at work) yet 60% of the things out of her mouth were about them! Sorry for the rant but I'm sure you know how these things go and I just needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading. I also don't plan on relapsing anytime soon but dang she for sure did not help lol
Congratulations on your sobriety. Sucks about your co-worker. Is she a manager or just someone whose training you? Do you have to work with her pretty often?

I work at a restaurant and tell people I don't drink. My employees talk nonstop about smoking weed which was my drug of choice. I usually just shush my mouth and find something else to do, reminisce briefly, or share a story where I was a train wreck, which makes them laugh but also emphasizes why I do not drink/smoke. They tend not to talk to me about it. They're savvy enough to talk to like-minded people unlike your colleague.

If she's not your manager and she keeps it up I'd take it up with HR.

And this is nothing new...
- Phantogram

Diagnosed Celiac Disease 2010
carcrashonrepeat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi