View Single Post
AspiringAuthor
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2017
374 hugs
given
Default Jun 02, 2018 at 01:22 AM

I would go see a neurologist, because what you are describing bears some resemblance to orgasm headaches (which I occasionally have).

I am not clear why you are taking the medications you are taking if your dx is schizoaffective - you are on two mood stabilizers and no anti-psychotic. ???

Also, you take the highest dose of Prozac and two medium doses of MS (mood stabilizers). Would not it be easier to go down on both SSRI and mood stabilizers and suffer fewer side effects from meds? SSRI (Prozac) and MS act in the opposite directions. And Prozac, for me, caused hypersexuality. So regardless of what you do about almost passing out, which is a neurological issue, bring up what you call hypersexuality with the psychiatrist and also mention that you would like to try fewer meds and what psychiatrists would call a more elegant cocktail with less polypharmacy (polypharmacy = many meds at once).

Zyprexa Zydis 5 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Melatonin 10 mg
Levoxyl 75 mcg (because I took Lithium in the past)

past medications: Depakote, Lamictal, Lithium, Seroquel, Trazodone, Risperdal, Cogentin, Remerol, Prozac, Amitriptyline, Ambien, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Saphris, Trileptal, Clozapine and Clozapine+Wellbutrin, Topamax
AspiringAuthor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sandkitcat