Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
4,797 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2018 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheM View Post
Okay, so I wanted to post another video by this guy, which deals with German, but this one kind of seems to summarize the points I want better: https://youtu.be/61Kk7VkoWbc It's about Latin, and if that immediately turns you off, in short he emphasizes the idea that mastery of a language is directly proportional to the amount of exposure to it... And also has little to do with its quality. Which, on the one hand, goes against your approach of trying to understand everything your book presents, but also against mine of surmounting one sentence every day... He also repeatedly recommends reading bilingual texts, which...

Well, I suppose I know where to get some bilingual texts in Welsh, for free. But...

No, of course he's right. I suppose my current method is like his deconstructing of Latin grammar... Sigh, how I yearn back to the simpler times of starting to learn Polish, when I had a perfect goal and materials. Quite frankly, deconstructing Welsh grammar has simply been more appealing than actually reading anything in the language.
I know I'm not going about learning German the correct way (though I'm not sure what the correct way would be ultimately). I know I need better materials though, but that's a totally different issue. Right now I'm not making as much progress as I want to because I kind of crashed recently and lost all motivation to do anything.

English

We are what we are

MDD w/psychotic features, BPD
OctobersBlackRose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote