Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jun 08, 2018 at 04:11 PM

Hi Keyplayer:

I'm about to turn 70! This is my second time here on PC. When I was here before, I used to post my own threads in this forum... not anymore. I could write a book here regarding my GID issues. But I'll spare you the details.

For me this is all mostly just looking in the rearview mirror so to speak. Occasionally I do manage to come up with some novel way of looking at things I hadn't thought of before. But at this late stage in my life it's all just pretty-much water under the bridge, as we used to say.

Actually I'm not even convinced I was genuinely transgender. What occurs to me is that my GID issues may have just been one aspect of a broader mental illness. But the fact is I'll never know. It all started so early in life, before I even have any memories, that there's simply no way to sort it all out.

I think your idea for a clothing line is a great one! I used to search for clothes that I thought gave me a bit more of a feminine appearance. And I think I was fairly successful at it by-&-large. Nowadays though I rarely leave home. So I don't need much of anything at all. My suggestion, as far as sewing & draft ideas goes, would be to see if you can get in touch with some costume makers who are involved with theater groups in your area. These people would likely have all of the requisite skills you would need to make this happen. Where I live there are lots of these folks around because there's a large theater community here.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)

Last edited by Skeezyks; Jun 08, 2018 at 05:05 PM..
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Keyplayer

Thanks for this!
Keyplayer