View Single Post
autonoe

Member Since Apr 2018
28 hugs
given
Default Jun 13, 2018 at 01:47 PM

I've been coming to the forum for a while, but never saw this until now. I have been addicted to the Internet for twenty years, from the time I was a teenager and went to my first chat room. It was then that I found a place I could say what I wanted and be what I wanted but still be able to hide.

These days, I have a job and other responsibilities, but the Internet/computer still rules me at the end of the day. It's no longer social for me. I don't chat, and I don't talk to anyone online, or at least only occasionally like on this forum. However, I will put off everything in order to get a "hit" of information. I probably check my favorite news site a hundred times a day. A few times a day, I check the Facebook pages of people I don't even like. I don't know why I do that. I watch YouTube videos endlessly. That is my biggest addiction.

I have wasted so many hours, days, months of my life, rotting online, losing sleep and getting behind on life. The sad thing is, if I didn't have this addiction, I don't know what I'd do with my time. The other sad thing is, I often get offline to play the Sims, which is another issue. I'd rather play a fantasy version of life than the real one I have in myself.
autonoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45390, bizi, MickeyCheeky, Seneca1854

Thanks for this!
bizi, MickeyCheeky, Seneca1854