View Single Post
Shazerac
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2015
1,884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2018 at 12:26 PM

I retired when I was 55. My company outsourced our department to Mexico. I was agonizing about the whole search for a job as a 55 year old woman. My husband finally told me “why don’t you just quit, you don’t need to work, and we don’t need the money.” I was kind of shocked and it didn’t even occur to me. I had been working for 40 years and didn’t know another way to live. Fortunately finances aren’t an issue for us because we own our own company. My husband only works 2 days a week from home.

Anywho i retired. At first it was decedent. I spent weeks in my pajamas. I read tons of books. After a while I felt rudderless without the constant pull and structure of work, laundry of work clothes, having to get up at a certain time every day. My self motivation was not kicking in.

Eventually I snapped out of it and started listing all the things that I always wanted to do but didn’t have the time. I take art class twice a week and putter around my home more than I used to ..and enjoy it. I love to read and have the freedom to do that as much as I want.

It’s a drastic adjustment but it can be done

Eat a live frog for breakfast every morning and nothing worse can happen to you that day!

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be left waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.” Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013 -
Seroquel 100
Celexa 20 mg
Xanax .5 mg prn
Modafanil 100 mg

Shazerac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Laurie*

Thanks for this!
*Laurie*, ArchieAus, Gus1234U