View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 13, 2008 at 08:31 PM

When I had my career, they provided us with management training & conflict resolution was one of the points that we dealt with......this just pointed out many of the things that I had learned so many years ago.

Dealing with the conflict in my marriage on the other hand, it almost impossible using any techniques. The only thing that would work for him would be if I were to give in completely, let him have his way with his tantrums, & let him ruin my life even more than he already has.

Sometimes the only way to resolve a conflict is to cut yourself off completely from the person. He won't even talk about where he is coming from. He says he doesn't know where he is coming from & when you ask....there is a complete silence with a face that looks like when you have to go to the bathroom & can't get it out....straining for something to come out.....lol & then nothing come even then.

Than frustration sets in & suggestions are made as to where he might be coming from to see if one can't get his mind working.....I mean....all kinds of thoughts are provided & then his final comment is that well you say that's what it is & leaves it at that.....absolutely nothing from him own mind. I swear, he doesn't have a mind. He never did drugs, never drank to being drunk......he never did anything that should make his mind a complete blank.....but he refuses to let anything out.....NOTHING.

You can't resolve a conflict if the other side refuses to participate with it & says that I'm the one with the problem & all I have to do is accept him & what he does because I have tolerated it for so long....why not just keep tolerating.

Then I get even more angry & the conflict grows. People like this shouldn't be allowed to live around other people.....it isn't right that people provoke others like this.

If this is the start of Alzheimers, then I hope he suffers all alone for all the crap he has put me through for all these years. I have tried so hard to give him the benifit of the doubt but there comes an end to the amount of anger I will allow someone to cause me & I have reached that point.

Some conflicts just can't be resolved
Debbie

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote