View Single Post
Anonymous50987

Default Jun 19, 2018 at 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay14 View Post
That, in a nutshell is the problem.
Like I said therapy is a two way street as is any relationship.
No, therapy is not a relationship. It's a treatment procedure. I am not interested in world view as you described by the way. My view is rather simple - I know what I need, I know how I want to accomplish it. Any opposition is going against me. Any negotiation - that's a wholly different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
You are going to be very unhappy and fustrated as long as you insist on having everything your way and only your way. Life is full of compromise and therapist are not helping if all they do is agree with you.
I don't get why some of you think I expect full agreement and understanding. Just because I don't want black doesn't mean I want white.

Oh and Deejay, speaking of two-way street relationships, if the therapist doesn't make an effort to adjust to my worldview, then guess what? The relationship is one-sided, and having to go through something which opposes me is just not right for me.

And by the way, in the last abusive therapist relationship, their world view was not given room for negotiation at all. They forcefully imposed it on me, while hypocritically behaving in opposite to that world view. Luckily for them they were manipulative and flexible enough to get away with it. Unluckily for them I have noticed that
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote