View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 21, 2018 at 06:33 AM

Desoxyn, I'm sorry you're feeling so low. I can't remember do you see a pdoc or therapist? If so, it would probably be helpful to talk with them about how you're feeling. I do know that after stopping drugs/alcohol that you can go into a depressed state. But good for you for stopping after only one drink of the rum, even if it was because your Mom told you to.

Whisperingskye, I'm sorry that your caseworker sounds so awful. I'd definitely ask to see someone else. As for being uncomfortable in groups, I've done a lot or them, and they do get easier with time and practice, if you can wait out the first couple of sessions of feeling uncomfortable.

Childofchaos, Well done on making it over a year. And you're right drinking only makes mental health issues worse. I can attest to that from experience.

For once in my life I made a good decision. I got some money unexpectedly, which is a huge trigger for me. So on Tues., I had a really strong urge to go to the bar and have a few - combination of being hot and tired. But then I remembered that I was out of one of the supplements my Dr. wants me to take, and it's expensive, so I decided it was more important to me to buy the supplement than to drink, so I did that. then as a reward and because I was carrying 2 big bags of groceries, I decided to take a cab home. It felt good to know I made the right decision.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
whisperingskye