View Single Post
JustJenny

Member Since Oct 2015
158 hugs
given
Default Jun 22, 2018 at 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
You don’t even know him. I can’t wrap my mind how people claim to be boyfriends and girlfriends and in love when they know nothing about the person and having spent zero time with them.
That's where imagination comes in. We tend to imagine the rest of the missing information, we create a mental model of the person and try to fit the existing information into it. And if new information doesn't fit into our mental model, we try to make excuses and try to make it fit (e.g. he was charged with domestic violence because it was self defence against his monster girlfriend).

Esmme, I think your friends and family are right. In your excuse - it is perfectly normal to long for a soulmate. However, the cold facts about the man suggest that he is unfit to be your soulmate. Think how much of his image in your head is based on your real observations and how much of it was imagined. It's difficult to take other people's words for it, but once you start coming to your own conclusions it will get easier.

JustJenny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Chyialee, Esmme