View Single Post
TeaVicar?

Member Since Apr 2015
99 hugs
given
Default Jun 27, 2018 at 08:43 AM

The hair thing is a classic sign of attraction in body language terms... though it might be a sign that he fancies himself

I think that this kind of body language tends to be unconscious and not intentional. In my experience men tend to be much less subtle with flirting!

It's an interesting question though - how does a therapist's desire affect the patient's journey through his/her own desire for the therapist. From papers I've read on the subject, it seems that the client's progress (of getting over/through the desire) often stalls when both parties are struggling with unconscious processes. This suggests that a therapist's desire towards their patient, and whether they are actively 'dealing' with it (either in their own therapy or supervision) can have an impact on the client's progress. Meanwhile the stalling in progress is put down to the client's 'resistance' to the process. This could go on for years and all the while the client is totally oblivious... unless they are good at reading body language!
TeaVicar? is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, the forgotten