Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 29, 2018 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeToCope View Post
Do you mean a cure? He's been on injectibles. Prolixen was the best, but the doctors like to try the newer drugs. And the doctors don't consult one another. They keep re diagnosing him. He's been in the hospital over 10 times. He just has this delusion that they are getting and responding to his messages. He is not mean in his communication. I disagree that a year in jail is appropriate when they don't even have to change their phone numbers and can lie in wait for him to dial their numbers if they want. He has only seen the one girl twice in 8 years, once at a party where this whole thing started. Then once in court. She doesn't even have to show up. The other girl he hasn't seen in 8 years since high school. He doesn't know where they live or work and has never tried to find out. They aren't in our city and one is in another state. In this day and age, I think you have a responsibility to block calls, go private in social media, change your phone number, etc. He has never hurt anyone. He has lots of delusions. He can also be very normal and very nice. Most people think he is nice. They don't have a right to send a disabled person to jail when that disabled person is just a bother to them. That is my opinion. I prefer to say as the Students with Schizophrenia slogan says: I am a Schizophrenic, I am not a monster.
I see...I’m sorry you haven’t been able to find something to keep him stable. Sometimes even with residual symptoms you can get cbt therapy to challenge delusions. As far as blocking calls, yes that’s what I would do first, but changing phone numbers in this day of cell phones seems unfair. Most people have had the same number for like twenty years. I too think jail is extreme perhaps they could just send him to hospital when this happens? Good luck in your quest for legal advice.