View Single Post
starryprince

Member Since Mar 2015
288 hugs
given
Default Jun 29, 2018 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
I learned years ago, if someone usually does something & this tome they aren't that I take it as them saying "not this time" without even having to communicate. I either make my own plans or just wing it like you did.

I have had times when I had intentions of connecting with someone when out with others. Unfortunately when out with others there can end up being very little control over how things go. I have also learned to say that IF possible we may meet up but I always leave it open because I found there is never a guarantee of what the others in the group I'm in will want to do & where it might take us.

With texting cell phones for me it makes it easier to contact & let them know it is impossible to connect. I use my cell texting when running late too to let people know I didn't forget but am running late....even a few minutes so they know what is going on. I think your friend seriously did not show any respect for you & I can understand why that hurts.
That is something I am learning right now, too, and I will try to keep things open. I have to keep these things in mind, so thanks for bringing that up. And I always text people if I am running late as well. Many times I end up getting to our meetup location right on time or a bit earlier but I just want to be safe. If I have to change plans, I let my friends know about a week in advance or, at the very least, a couple of days. It just comes natural to me.

Thanks for the validation. More things happened at Pride but it just shows that she is being hypocritical. I think I will step back and focus on myself, and maybe try to find some groups to join where I can make some more friends.
starryprince is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover