View Single Post
ShadowGX
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
754 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 29, 2018 at 08:07 PM

I feel like the problem with the "you're not alone" statement is that people say it in general a lot without they themselves being able to relate and it feels like a cop-out, no-thought statement. It used to bother me a LOT more than it does now. Now I mostly see it as "at least they're trying to make me feel better", because they easily could just ignore me entirely or make fun of me. Still, at times I don't like to hear it because it can feel like people didn't put much effort into caring and that can hurt more than getting no reply.

When I respond to threads or posts that others make I always wonder if people see my replies and secretly are mad because I say I can relate to them. I heavily debate not replying a lot of the time, but every once in a while someone will reply saying my reply helped them, so I keep taking the risk knowing someone could snap at me for it. It will probably only take one person snapping at me to get me to stop replying altogether though... I try to be sensitive about my wording as well, because I do not want to seem like I'm invalidating what someone is feeling by sharing my experiences, I just want to provide them some comfort if I can.

Hugs from:
kiwi215

Thanks for this!
kiwi215