View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Jun 30, 2018 at 02:42 PM

Hey Guys,

I hope this doesn't come across as being crazy or repetitive since I have posted a thread on a similar topic last night, but I am in the process of cutting toxic people out of my life to focus on more healthy relationships.

I used to be a part of a church that I considered my primary group of friends, having made a few best friends and going on a couple of mission trips together in the process. After 2 years of being a part of this group, however, things took a turn for the worse because I blew a gasket trying to adhere to all of this church's beliefs and events that were hosted, occasionally I would be encouraged or commended for doing so, but most often I pretty much conformed to the crowd for the sake of conforming, without reward. If I did anything that was considered out of the norm, particularly hold differing beliefs from the rest of church, demonstrated vulnerability, or even just try to be myself, I would receive criticism or shunning, including on social media.

I still have several friends from this group who I think highly of; these friends I will keep on social media. Most of the others from this church I used to be a part of, even if I loved them before, I am considering unfollowing/unfriending, as I have not seen them or kept any reciprocal contact with most of them in almost a year. When I do, they either question my intentions for leaving that church or pretend they don't know me.

What should I do with the rest of these church-goers who aren't my besties, but I have not yet unfollowed on social media?
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote