View Single Post
kiwi215

Member Since Jul 2016
77 hugs
given
Default Jul 04, 2018 at 11:35 AM

Thank you all. It's frustrating. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm ineffective at explaining things. The other day I was telling the people in a therapy group I'm in about a horrible experience I had with a past therapist and how that left me so broken down. One girl said she understood and told me a brief story about how one of her past therapists told her this one thing that bothered her. And I was just sitting there thinking, No no no… That's not even close to what I went through. Did you not hear what I said? Did I not express it well enough? It felt so invalidating to my experience. Like, if she thinks that her pain that she went through when her therapist said that one thing to her, then she most definitely does not understand the hell I went through with the over a year-long relationship I had with the past therapist I was talking about. Now I feel bad for feeling this way because had I said that out loud to her, she probably would have felt invalidated too. So I don't say those things out loud. And in my head I try to be fair, too, because perhaps that experience affected her more too than I'm imagining. It's just so hard to believe that someone (non-BPD) else's "similar" experience could possibly even come close to the pain I experience as someone with BPD.
kiwi215 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote