View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 07, 2018 at 01:54 AM

I have gone through a divorce myself to a man who never wanted to support himself and wanted alimony from me when we divorced. I left a good job to be with him and regretted doing so. Divorce is difficult for anybody who goes through it. It is emotionally, mentally, and financially draining. It took me about ten years to overcome my problems stemming from my divorce. I questioned the reason for my getting married and doing things for my ex when he never appreciated what I did and only wanted money. While I was married, I did not take care of myself since I was always taking care of him and working. I blew up and was 100 pounds overweight. And, I ran away from him because he never allowed me to leave the house without him. He was always with me wherever I went even going to work and from work. But, I found a way to run away then left my job. Well, since the money was not coming in anymore he asked for divorce. It was good because although I lost everything, I gained my freedom. I literally lost everything- my job, my marriage, my weight and gained- my freedom, my health, my sanity, etc. Truthfully, no man is worth dying or suffering for, especially if all they want to do is take advantage of you and don't care one iota about you. I think life is too short to live a life which you don't want to live. Live the way you want and if this means doing it alone for awhile, then so be it. I would not waste emotions and time with somebody who takes money from you and hoards it. I also would not waste my emotions and time with somebody who does not think of your best interest. Finally, time heals wounds. You will overcome the demise of your marriage and one day you will breathe fully without being anxious about worrying whether you did the right thing by divorcing. I also felt unwanted after my divorce. I was in my early 40s and as I said overweight and a mess. But, I slowly changed myself by losing weight and doing things to help myself. Now, I found someone else who I believe could become my life partner. I am in my 50s. So, work through your emotions some how and move away from your situation emotionally and mentally. One day, you will be just fine and realize you can have a second chance in finding someone who truly cares about you. Best Wishes!
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv