Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2018 at 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Butterfly88 View Post
Sorry if I scared you off, I have nothing against atheists. And I did like your Rumi quotes. Also, perhaps you'd prefer this thread? https://forums.psychcentral.com/self...words-3-a.html
I'd have to say I agree with Gus, as I was reviewing this thread as suggested by another member. Some of the quotes you posted basically denigrate atheists and their beliefs. Why is it okay to lift up your religion and beliefs by putting down the beliefs of others, just because they happen to not believe in a "god"?

Just a thing to think about before you post one of these quotes. Is it really a gem to be posted or is it something that uplifts one belief by putting down another?

I can't speak for Gus, but I think it's possibly the posts that were putting down atheists that turned her off, not necessarily because they said the word "god."

I think it's just a good reminder to really consider what the quote your posting is actually saying.

I have enjoyed many of the quotes shared here. Thank you to all.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88

Thanks for this!
88Butterfly88, Gus1234U