Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2018 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
Folks, we're a mental health forum. Use your good judgement. If you want to discuss your recreational drug usage, please, there are hundreds of other communities online to do so. We're not one of them.

Having said that, different drugs are legal in different parts of the U.S. and other countries. But just like most people don't talk about smoking a cigarette, I'm not sure what the purpose is in discussing smoking something else. You do it, you enjoy it, that's cool... but not really something to discuss, is it?
I get this, but we are not talking about medical MJ. It's one thing to say "I need to take my meds" and "I need to get high" or "Need to go roll a fatty." The fact that medical MJ exists is being abused to discuss it recreationally. And it's not like people saying they need a smoke, which people do, in passing. This has been ongoing for almost a week now, every time I go in the Coffeehouse, the same conversation. Also, if I recall correctly, MJ is still illegal federally in the US, regardless of some states having approved it for either medical or recreational use.

Regardless, the discussion going on isn't medicinal. Not by a long shot. When people come in and talk about abusing their meds, we stop them. We advise them not to do so, and the conversation is halted. If we approach people discussing recreational drugs this way, we get hostile responses. Even when politely asked for the discussion to stop. Should we report people having these discussions about recreational drug use? I have seen moderators ask them to refrain, but they bring it up again anyways. Like I said, it's been an ongoing discussion for days now.

Thanks,
Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...

Hugs from:
Tamster

Thanks for this!
*Laurie*, Gus1234U, lizardlady, Tamster