Chat Moderator

Member Since Feb 2016
10k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2018 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
The first fallacy is the concept that romantic love is unconditional love, IMHO. “Things just got too hard” is an honest reason for a partner to leave someone with or without MI. I look at relationships as to be cherished while they are active, and if they become toxic, too hard, etc, they do end. Then we find new partner and start over, hoping this time we don’t make mistakes and they don’t end. At least you got the partner in the first place. Some folks don’t even connect with anyone at all.

IDK what I hope to get out of posting this to you. I think my intentions are to share with you my outlook in hopes it will make you feel better. I’m a little gun shy now that I got in trouble for posting on another thread. Please disregard if this upsets you.
I'd rather a person's honesty over trying to protect my feelings. I think that's what upset me with my ex, is the fact that he just couldn't come out and tell me throughout our relationship that things were becoming hard on him. He didn't tell me and so I couldn't work on it with him. He gave up a long time before we broke up, I'm talking at least a year. Every time I tried to discuss it with him (because I knew something was wrong and had changed), he'd always lie about it and tell me it was nothing. More and more I felt like a burden when we were together, and more and more he didn't give a ****. Ha, and he says he loves me, which I'm not saying isn't true but I think he only does so when it's convenient. At the very least, when he's ready, he could tell me what the **** I did that made it so hard on him. It is a valid reason to leave, but no one seems to give me any more than that once they take off (if I even get that). I genuinely feel as though loving me is the worst chore a person could be burdened with.

And ultimately it comes down to the fact that I don't need a ****ing caretaker. I never did. I never will. It's insulting that that's how he began to see it. Just because my brain's screwed up, doesn't mean I'm not an adult. I was trying to get better and in some ways I actually was, but he gave up on me. Everyone gives up on me.

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879, Bill3, Hobbit House, TishaBuv

Thanks for this!
Bill3