View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jul 11, 2018 at 02:32 PM

I'm sorry I probably don't really have any great suggestions to offer you here. But I noticed no one had yet replied to your post. So I thought I would. I take a shower every morning. I'm not a morning person. And taking a shower is what wakes me up. Otherwise, I suspect, I would just curl up somewhere & wait for the morning, at least, to pass me by (maybe the whole day!)

I have a large walk-in shower that has to be wiped down every day. So it's not even just a matter of cleaning myself up. I also have to wipe down the whole shower. The process can take me a good half hour or so. Some days I'd rather just hide under the covers in bed than face taking a shower & drying the whole shower stall down. But, at least in my case, I know it's all something I have to do. So I just make myself get up & do it.

Routine is really important. I get up, bring in the newspaper & set up breakfast. Then I take my shower. I have the same routine pretty-much every day. And I think it is the routine that helps me to keep doing it. So perhaps if you can establish a routine that starts out with something such as setting up breakfast (or something else) & then moves into taking your shower & perhaps ends up with some little reward you give yourself for having done it, over time you'll find that your routine simply becomes a habit. But, of course, you do have to make yourself keep doing it. And if that is something you're not able to do, I'm afraid I don't have the answer for that. Perhaps some other members will. My best wishes to you...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
luvyrself, MickeyCheeky, raf_edd, unaluna