View Single Post
Michael2Wolves
Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2018
247 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 12, 2018 at 01:33 PM

It's being done for shock factor, and to get a reaction, period. I know who is doing it, and I can imagine why. I couldn't care less, myself, because unless the chat is about something I find worthy of comment, I just ignore it.

That being said, people should move to the adult room if they want to regale each other with tales of "smoking fatties" and whatnot. I'm not impressed by it. I smoke, yes, and it's not legal where I am, but it's the only thing that will relax me physically; I just have to deal with the side effects, that, while pleasant, don't necessarily belong in chat.

The chat is there to foster healthy communication. If you don't like the topic, change it and ignore the offending person.

Honestly, I could care less. It's like any other online chat--there's always going to be a few who want to act out, but whatever. You don't have to respond. By choosing to respond, you're continuing the controversy. That this thread even exists only adds to the controversy.

The Simpsons had the right idea, and even got Paul Anka to write a little ditty for it.

EDIT: And to be fair (mostly because I have detractors out there who will jump all over this if I don't put this disclaimer in), I have on occasion made a joke about it, but usually in the form of *Bob Marley's Jamming playing in the background* but yeah, I get it, and will refrain myself.