View Single Post
ginger13

Member Since Jul 2018
Default Jul 12, 2018 at 05:33 PM

Had a mental break Tuesday night, crying, shaking, throwing up... Totally snapped. Went to my dr Wednesday a.m. and she gave me Vistaril 25mg BID, and 25mg as needed during the day. Her orders for that day were to take 2 upon picking them up.

I did so and started feeling better in less than an hour, sat down on the couch to relax and fell asleep... Slept for 5 hours. Got up and ate, watched tv etc. Time to take evening meds (including another 25mg). Slept for another 8 hrs. Mind you I hadnt been sleeping much, usually 1-2 hrs at a time at night for 5 hrs.

With all the stress at work and life stressors, I was bound to break. I know this, I know me, but I had been trying to brush things off and 'roll with it'. Apparently, I did not accomplish that, just made my husband freak.. And I had cleaning up to do after throwing up on myself and falling asleep in the bath tub Tuesday night.

Dr said Vistaril causes drowsiness (i know all this bc we give it out like candy at the jail), but sleeping all day and evening? Maybe I was so worn out from my mind racing and not sleeping enough?

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Your experiences?
ginger13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
wildflowerchild25