View Single Post
Anonymous40796

Default Jul 12, 2018 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
@Day Tripper ; I got Platos Republic on my iPhone so I'm going to be reading that in the next few months!
I'm betting you have the Benjamin Jowett Translation of Plato's because it's so old the copyright has expired. You're in good hands with The Jowett Translation. I think they are far superior than the Cooper translation. However, if you have the Bloom translation it is the most literal translation, where he took out all the Christian flavor the Jowett puts it in. But I don't think Jowett gave it a Christian flair. Jowett translation reads like poetry I think. I wish I could loan you my version because I annotated and marked every page and every indent because there's so much to learn from it.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll read it with you, or you can go into the froum on PC called crazy philosophy that's at the bottom of listed forums of user created forums on pc.. Only 3 people actually post in there but I think we all have a take on it.

I took 2 months to slowly read the republic and lay out every metaphor, allegory, example, argument with multiple sources, my copy is very much what was meant to be my teacher's copy that I made myself. Anything you need help with I'd love to help.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird