Founder & Your Host
Community Support Team
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2001
177 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 12, 2018 at 08:31 PM

Agreed all around with the refraining from talking about drug use.

Look, there are literally hundreds of online forums you can go visit to talk about your drug use all you want. We are not one of them, if that's the focus of your conversation or why you are in the chat room.

I don't mind a quick, passing mention of something like, "Hey, I just poured myself a glass of wine and am about to clean up the dishes." But not another 5 sentences about how wine is the best beverage in the world, and you don't understand anyone who doesn't like wine, or why shouldn't everyone be drinking wine along with me... What you think is "social" to you could be very triggering to someone else (especially, in this for instance, to a recovering alcoholic).

And please don't think that one room is free of the community guidelines. The guidelines exist throughout the entire community -- in any chat room, in PM, in social groups, you name it. We have the guidelines to help all of us guide our behavior so everyone can have the best possible experience here while working on their own mental health recovery or improvement.

Thanks,
DocJohn

Thanks for this!
healingme4me, lizardlady, s4ndm4n2006, seesaw