Legendary

Member Since Oct 2017
10k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2018 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I've done yoga in the past. I think it can be great... especially if done as a mindfulness practice. I do think it would be a good idea to take a yoga class if you can. But you do have to be careful. At least where I live, there are lots of yoga instructors. But not all of them are really all that knowledgeable, especially when it comes to working with people who perhaps have some physical limitations.

I don't know what kinds of things are available to you, of course. But my suggestion would be to try to find a mindfulness meditation class that includes a basic yoga routine. These sorts of classes are sometimes offered by or in conjunction with medical centers. This is what I did years ago. I was able to participate in a class taught by a yoga instructor who had trained in mindfulness meditation with Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn. It was a great experience. If you can't avail yourself of something like that, though, another option might be to obtain a copy of Jon Kabat-Zinn's book: Full Catastrophe Living. It details the mindfulness meditation program that was, & presumably is, still offered at the Massachusetts Medical Center. It would be well worth a read-through, in my opinion.
I went to a yoga meditation and the instructor was very rude to me. I used a DVD and meditation on YouTube.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote