View Single Post
Marylin
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
863 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 16, 2018 at 01:14 PM

I am feeling good today.My therapist when I told her the story that I posted above helped me to see that what they did was out of jealousy and because of my ethnicity.She helped me see that I was not to blame for their abusive behaviour,nothing that happened was my fault or because of anything I did wrong,it was all cos they were bad and abusers.I was attacked and that lowered my self esteem and confidence and made me unable to defend myself or walk away from my abusers.I wanted to fit in and belong so I tolerated bad behaviour towards me but that doesn't mean I asked for it or deserved it or was responsible for it.My therapist said that when I am in pain over it to have compassion for myself,I did nothing wrong and they had the malicious intent of stopping me succeeding at university.I feel good about myself now and hatred towards my abusers who acted superior to me even though I had achieved more than them prior to going to university.I have nothing to feel guilty for or ashamed about.
Marylin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote