View Single Post
purposelife

Member Since Jun 2018
Default Jul 17, 2018 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmike View Post
I am clinically depressed and it is getting worse. I've suffered from depression and anxiety most of my adult life but for the past 3 years it's been unbearable.

I was on Indiana low income insurance and tried to see my primary care provider about my depression but there was a 2 1/2 month wait....by the time my appointment rolled around I had a job and they had cancelled my insurance because my income was too high.

I just quit my job however and am right back to square one. I've went to a therapist....again....low income....for about a month and half and she kept saying she was going to refer me to a doctor for medication....but she never did. Then I was told I would be getting a new therapist and just quit going.

People always say "why didn't they ask for help" when someone ends their life, like Bourdain recently but it seems nobody cares unless you have health insurance....but I can't keep a job long enough to get insurance because of my depression and anxiety.

I can barely get out of bed and I've called and called around to low cost clinics trying to get help and nothing. I wish I was stronger but I just don't see the point of keeping this up anymore. If I try again to get low income insurance it's a long process. I can't see a doctor because I have no money. I can't keep a job because of whatever is going on in my head.

What is someone who is clinically depressed, no insurance, no money, no job and at the end of their rope supposed to do?
Sorry you are going through such a rough time. I can understand how frustrating it can be with no insurance or cash for a doctor visit. I agree with talking a trip to the ER. Maybe it will be different this time. I have a friend that is in the same financially situation and was seen and taken care of at the ER. He was told to follow up with a doctor (even though he didn't have a primary care doctor. The doctor and nurse were very helpful in giving him information on Free Clinics in the area and where to get medication at no cost due to being unemployed. I know some hospitals also have programs where you can get help to eliminate your hospital bills due to no/little income. It's great that you are reaching out for help. Don't be ashamed or worry what others will think. Most important thing is getting you better. You are not alone in this battle. Praying that you get the help that you need without any hassle. Take care
purposelife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote