Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 18, 2018 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macd123 View Post
Talking to somebody this morning and they stopped listening and started to talk somebody else - I called this person rude and walked away. I’ve been thinking about this ever since - can’t believe that my age I can’t deal with being ignore. This person didn’t really deserve my insult and I feeling pretty guilty about it. I know it doesn’t sound like much but just the littlest glitch still puts into a tailspin - it’s so hard to be me still....

More direct to your post. It was rude. to simply turn away from someone currently trying to have a conversation with you and picking up a new one with someone else isn't at all a nice thing to do. Why should you feel guilty or bad about it? I mean imo the wrong thing to do would be to try to insist on them listening to you and such but you did what the situation called for. You didn't insult them at all, you called them out on their behavior and it sounds like you were accurately doing so.

Don't feel bad but also don't put too much energy into thinking about the event either. Just like you did to the person, walk away from the whole thing. Pretty sure I'd have walked away too and possibly would have made a comment about it myself. I wouldn't feel bad for too long just angry at them for a bit.

Being in a tailspin and feeling sh*tty about when someone treats you badly isn't being insecure either, it's normal and human. don't beat yourself up.

Sorry I didn't say as much in my earlier post but I'll admit I didn't take as much time as I could have to think and respond to your post.

Hope this helps.
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Macd123