View Single Post
Anonymous46415

Default Jul 20, 2018 at 08:39 AM

My T is really into crystals and she gave me a lot over time, including a bracelet with lepidolite, sodalite, lapis, agate... I think it was a lot for calming and finding my voice (creativity). I always took them as generous “gifts” becasue she’s a little woo woo and I may be even more so, and she was looking out for me. She always explained the meanings of each stone and where to keep them (eg. Left or right pocket), and I always loved getting a new stone from her.

Then she also gave me a “healing bear” once. She just handed it to me as I left and said, “This is for you.” And I didn’t know what was going on. It was a nice gesture, but I thought, I’m not a child. This is really condescending that she thinks I’d want a teddy bear.

When I left my final session, I was upset because I’d been asking t for two months for advice on how to leave her office and not feel lonely immediately after. She said she had little advice but she always hoped the transitional objects of the stones, bracelet, and bear would help. Of course, I know what transitional objects are, but she never defined them as such when giving them to me. And I wish she would have explained that a little more with the bear when she gave it to me because I was confused at the time and probably would have been comforted to know her intentions.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Merope