Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2018 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme View Post
I don't have a therapist right now, so I mostly talk to my friends about my "delusions" and "psychosis" stuff,

My friend told me today that she's "sick of the did-you-or-did-you-not-take-your-meds game" and that, "[I'm] worrying [her] and [she] needs to focus on herself"

I feel bad. As I said, I don't have a therapist so I usually talk to my friends about my "schizophrenia". My friend who told me that she can't handle my illness anymore is diagnosed with bipolar. She even posted a picture in our discord chat about, "People getting sick of you being sick". I feel bad because I didn't want to worry her, but I don't have an outlet for my struggles...

I mean, maybe once I have a therapist, (apparently, here in Southern California, they don't have actual psychologists as therapists... My new "therapist" that I haven't seen yet is actually a case manager... Weird, right?) things will get better...

But for now I just feel like I am annoying my friends when I talk about what bothers me because I have been "Sick" for too long.

Honestly I have a hard time when people aren’t regularly taking their meds too...if you had a friend complaining that her kidneys were failing but only because she didn’t take her insulin and ate too much cake you might be tired of them in the same way. Now if you’re doing everything you’re supposed to...meds, T etc I would feel bad but if you’re not taking basic care of yourself I’d just think this person is irresponsible. It has nothing to do with being sick for a long time....people can struggle years with cancer and still be respected. I talk to people here about delusions and hallucinations all the time, but my gut instinct is always did you miss a dose or do anything else to cause this, let’s correct that first. If the answer is no I might mention some therapy things that worked for me but it’s not nearly as effective as meds.

Thanks for this!
12AM, SparkySmart