View Single Post
jaymoq

Member Since Jun 2015
5 hugs
given
Default Jul 23, 2018 at 01:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Yes, it really felt like it shifted from him not being able to work to choosing not to work. And taking that time. And, heck, if I could take time I would too- but not by expecting someone else to help carry me through that.

However, as fortune would have it, he just had a part-time job handed to him through a friend. That seems to have motivated him a little bit. It will be a pretty laborious job, so I'm worried about that part since he is already dealing with physical issues, but at the end of the day, he knows his limits.

I definitely feel in limbo because it seems like the path we had planned out has taken such a sharp turn.

I did meet with my therapist today and somehow it turned in to a conversation about my stresses as it relates to work. I guess that was fresh on my mind. Maybe next time I broach this topic. My therapist did say I have to stop taking on the responsibility of others. I have to stop trying to save people. Its really hard when they're literally the person I have chosen to share my life with. But I can't sacrifice myself to try to help someone else. Especially if they don't want to help themself. I have to put myself first. That really spoke to me.