View Single Post
Anonymous47864

Default Jul 24, 2018 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalCate View Post
Sisabel

Sisabel

I think you will eventually find that middle ground you seek. That feeling of anger at others is justified. And probably like me, it is such a strange, foreign sensation. It's downright scary, right? It is for me, too. Especially scary because you don't want to become an angry, bitter person.

You won't.

Just the fact that you notice it and it bothers you tells me you are a positive person. It's okay not to tolerate bad behaviour or mean, manipulative people. For me, it's unchartered territory, too. And a tiny bit of me wants to feel guilty for even experiencing that anger. But I truly have learned that a bottomless level of tolerance kept me from leading a happy life. It leads to constantly getting hurt and attracting more toxic people.

I had the unrealistic expectation that therapy, that after my psychologist helped me "put all the pieces together" I would be finished. Work done, job completed. Instead of that, therapy has taught me I have started on a life long journey. And that's okay, really. I have let go of so many heavy burdens that I carried. And I am allowing myself to feel emotions I never gave myself permission to feel before. Sure, it does feel mighty weird sometimes to find out everything is not my fault, including someone's bad behaviour.

Your feelings and emotions are yours, they are important, and you need to let yourself experience them. We are all on this journey together.

Thank you so very much for that lovely and encouraging post RascalCate. Your words are therapy to me. I definitely notice the change in myself and it has felt odd. I hadn’t thought about the fact that I noticed my negativity and it bothered me being key to working through it and balancing things out. It does feel good that I don’t seem to be attracting the drama and toxic nonsense. It’s almost lonely and boring but actually not because I’m enjoying the peace. My time is finally my own and I don’t feel obligated to get sucked in to something I don’t want. I’m noticing my anger and irritability as it comes up and just letting it be what it is for the time being. Already this week I notice I am quieting down. I was really getting negative at home and at work and I’ve started to tone it down. I am starting to mostly just see things versus say things. There’s peace in letting the emotion go and not saying anything about it. Hopefully the letting go part will get better. I’m babbling now. But thank you so much for the good talk we’ve had about this. It’s amazing when you finally see your own behavior and then you see the shift in your thought process and new behaviors slowly emerge. [emoji847][emoji3]
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote