View Single Post
Gus1234U
Seeker

Member Since Jun 2010
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 24, 2018 at 11:09 PM

my house is falling apart; the 'Home Owners Association' (which is an ogre) has over a thousand dollars in fines on externals, but the plumbing is all shot and ruining the floors, and now the wall in the bathroom...

i haven't had any hot water since the first week of january; that means: no laundry (i tried, the washer wouldn't work without a hot water supply ????), no showers (wash in the bathroom sink ~!!!! ). the first time i tried to boil water to wash dishes i scalded one hand so bad i had to keep it in ice for 6 hrs~ (that's BAD). i am spending money on paper plates and plastic utensils, and trying to keep my pots and pans clean with paper towels (not doing it well).

OK, all that is sad n stuff,,, but what REALLY burns my cookies is that this cycle started when Habitat for Humanity came out a year ago (~!~) and did an eligibility intake and assessment of my home and brought in all kinds of volunteer 'contractors' (electrician, plumber, carpenter), who all said "YAH, we can replace this and that and the other thing (and give you an interest-free loan to replace the water heater ,, which was working just fine). so i moved all my furniture, took the doors off the laundry room (not an easy job), and hauled a ton of stuff out from under this huge table, emptied my spare dishes from the cupboard..... and waited.... and waited,,,,, and then they said they couldn't get to me that year, but first thing next year....

but one guy who doesn't know squat tried to 'help me' get some boards under the water heater , and that's how it broke a pipe, and another 'hose' (it's an old mobile home) in the wall between the laundry and kitchen started leaking, which i didn't notice for ages, got Black Mold... now i'm sopping up water off the bathroom floor because i've gone without toilet water for 10 days twice already, and i can't go there again....

now they called again today, and asked if they could come over and bring the guy who's going to replace my water heater~! I DON"T WANT my water heater replaced~! one guy said i "NEEDED" a bigger water heater.... DUH~!
NO I DON"T~! i like this little one, it's cheap and meets my needs.

i was never able to put my house back together again after they left me hanging at the end of October last year... i've been living in chaos, which is NOT good for me... and now i'm so angry that i know i had better leave the room when they are here; which makes me an instant 'victim' of a bunch of men who don't care that i have a degree in construction; have helped build houses; kept this one up By Myself, for 20 yrs. all they see is a lazy, fat, stupid old woman. and i have to swallow that crap to get any 'help',,, yah, THANKS a lot~

Hugs from:
lizardlady, Nammu, Wild Coyote