Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2015
5,382 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 27, 2018 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkySmart View Post
Warped...Palpitations are really scary. I haven't had those in years and hope never to have them again. You take EKGs in your home?

*Laurie*...No, I've never had a dry cough. I've taken lots of psych meds since the 1970s (never very compliant), but my BP only started to be problematic in my mid 50s.

When I was restarted and ramped up on the typical 7-drug bipolar regimen last year, my BP went down to 110/70, so lisinopril was held. I recently started it again after tapering off all that stuff.

My PCP told me to quit "stalking" my BP because I would just make myself crazy. I check it maybe once every two weeks. Oh...I also bought a smart watch that tracks pulse and BP, but it's mostly for fun because the numbers aren't reliable. I mean, I just checked it, and my pulse was about 10 bpm, so...I'm not sure I should be conscious.

It's great that you don't get the weird cough. I was started on lisinopril and immediately had that miserable dry cough. Tried to hang with it, but couldn't sleep because of the cough plus it was bothering me so much. So I stopped taking it & my GP is supposed to prescribe another bp med.

You know what I look forward to? The day when dark chocolate, fish oil, and calcium channel blockers will wipe bipolar off the face of the earth and we can all get back to living. Or some genius will miraculously tweak DNA and voila! No more bipolar ever again. DSM-5 will have to be revised to eliminate mood disorders.

Amen to that!
Honestly, I think that in the future, mental illness will be treated with technology of some sort. Eventually meds might not even exist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote