View Single Post
WarpedTrekker

Member Since Jul 2018
Default Jul 28, 2018 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkySmart View Post
Warped...Palpitations are really scary. I haven't had those in years and hope never to have them again. You take EKGs in your home?
I take them with a portable device just for my AFIB condition. It's the Kardia Mobile device you use with your smart phone. It's FDA approved to detect AFIB only.

Yesterday at work, I had a massive panic attack. It felt like I was going to die. End of the world feeling. It lasted several minutes.
My face and head got flush and really hot. Palpitations started and my heart raced rapidly. After it was over I immediately took pulse and it was 112bpm.

Pulse may have been higher during the initial attack, I don't know.

But now I'm wondering if Lamictal is making my anxiety worse. This med is not meant to treat anxiety and panic, but my doctor says it's the only one I can try to use, since I'm on Multaq. Multaq interferes with all SSRI drugs.

I was fine for a long time without any anxiety drug but ever since I was admitted to hospital for DVT and PE blood clots in May, my anxiety came back. Which is why she started me on Lamictal. I also was having days where I felt depressed and other days happy again. So I might have a slight bipolar disorder. The Lamictal seems to have helped with that.

Now I'm being referred to a psychologist for help with controlling panic attacks but I don't know how that will help.

My attacks come on suddenly and there is no controlling them. I also wonder if the Klonopin I took that morning when I was feeling anxious actually contributed to the panic attack. I've had a couple of panic attacks shortly after taking Klonopin for anxiety symptoms.
WarpedTrekker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote