View Single Post
katydid777
Magnate

Member Since Nov 2016
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Aug 01, 2018 at 07:28 AM

Is it normal for a long term marriage for your spouse to not spend much time with you? We have been married 25 years, and together even longer. It seems as if as soon as I get up in the mornings my spouse goes up to his shop within 10, to 15 minutes of me getting up. He comes back when he is ready to eat, then he is gone again. He normally stays away from the house until later in the afternoon. Usually if we have a decent movie to watch, he will sit and watch it with me later in the day. In the evening he is ready for me to take the chihuahuas in our room between 6p, to 8p, and he spends this time by himself, and his lab, until he comes to bed. When he comes to bed, he watches tv for about 5 to 10 minutes, then puts his c-pap on, and goes to sleep. My day is usually like this, and I get his meds together in the am, lunch, and pm, I feed the dogs, give one of the chihuahuas his meds in the am, and lunch, and feed them dinner. I do the shopping, pay any bills that don't directly come out of the accounts, take the dogs to the vet, go with him when he has a apt, clean house, mow the yard just around the house, ect. My spouse feeds the lab bc the lab gets him up very early, then my spouse over feeds him. He lets the lab run all over, I have to teach him about not running all over, and chasing cars, and 4 wheelers. Usually my spouse takes a nap in the afternoon, and when he does decide to be in the house, he is on his laptop reading news, science, religion, ect. He does weed eat when it is needed, and other things that I can't do like work on the truck. Also the only time he goes to one of my apts. is when I have to have someone to drive home bc of a procedure.
katydid777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky