Magnate

Member Since Nov 2016
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Thumbs up Aug 01, 2018 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacunaCoiler View Post
The wife and I have been together for 12+ years. We do find ourselves in a rut sometimes and there are times that we don't get as much interaction as we should. We both work, but we work in the same office. We do spend A LOT of time together but we also spend a lot of time chilling, watching movies, and playing around on our computers where we don't really talk together. So it's extremely easy to not have a lot of interaction at times. Every now and again one of us will feel lonely and neglected by the other and will complain to the other and that's where we actively have to decide to fix the situation. I personally think communication is key in a relationship, so maybe you should vocalize these feelings to your husband.

The way we try to fix it is by spend more time together. For example, she knows I LOVE playing video games so we found a game that both of us can play TOGETHER. She has never liked playing video games but she is willing to do it to strengthen out marriage. We go out on "date nights" as well. This can include anything from going to get coffee and doughnuts together to a full on meal at a restaurant, doesn't really matter what it is as long as we're together. We also have a rule that when we do these date nights the phones are off or stay in the car so it's just us and not us and our phones. We also started to cook together now that we bought a house that has a big enough kitchen for the two of us to be in. And we have come to an agreement that we have to be intimate at least once a month (her libido isn't nearly as active as mine due to her ad), more is better of course We used to walk the dogs together but then I had a stroke and can't use my right leg very well and I get tired very easily so she's been walking the dogs on her own (which I feel bad about putting all on her but what can I really do?). You both have dogs, so maybe you should take that as an opportunity to walk the dogs together. It's rather hard (at least in my opinion) to walk, watch the dogs, and play on a phone so you're kinda forced to be in the moment with your spouse. Just a suggestion is all.

The point is, yes it is easy to fall into ruts when you've been together for so long. You become accustom to each other and you (as am I) are way past the "honeymoon" stage of our relationships and this is the hard part where you have to actively make time for each other. I dunno if this helped any, but I wanted you to know that it is possible to make it work and that you're not alone in this.
Thank You, with my background I thought this issue was bc of me, and now I realize that it is a common issue. My H won't try to change his ways, so I know I will be doing most of the trying to get us together more. Being intimate is, bc my H has a triple A, that is a aortic anyourism, so that doesn't happen very often. A few months ago he had a scan, and is good for 2 years, so that may be something for us. I think he might still be interested? Also I will try to get the two of us to walk our dogs. We live way out in the country, and the neighbors are very spread out so the dogs get to run all over our 6 acers, but I may still get that to work. His dog is a black Lab, and we have a small river/stream that the lab loves. We don't get cell reception where we live so that isn't a problem. He hasn't been interested in his play station games in quite awhile, and I don't care for the ones that he use to play. He every now, and then will play ether his electric, or acoustic guitar, and I will make it a point to go to his shop just to listen. We are on a fixed income bc we are both disabled, but I will work on trying to get away from the house at least once a week for us to have a ice cream, or something. Tomorrow we have to be at the lawyers about the acers we bought at action 2 years ago, our HOA is trying to make us responsible for the prevous owners past 5 or 6 years of dews they didn't pay. Then Fri. I told him that I would go with him to get his drivers license renewed. Every now and then we will go for a motercycle ride, but this year we have had a lot of rain, but we both enjoy that. On Mon. he has a apt with Ortho to see about getting a boot for his acillies tendon. He injured it months ago, and still hasn't healed, and on Wed I have to have a stress echo on the valves in my hart. I have 3 that leak blood backwards, and he will be going with me. He don't normally go to my Dr. apts., but I almost always go to his for him. So at least the rest of this week, and the beginning of next week we will be spending some time together, and I will work on the rest as we go, I just hope he will go along with some of it!!!!!!! Thank You again!!!!!!! (((((((BIG HUGS SENT TO THE BOTH OF YOU)))))))
katydid777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote