Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
702 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 02, 2018 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverbeaver View Post
We have both hurt each other! She really needs to stop talking things personally when I quit and to try and see that I am hurting and may need support not to be ignored.

This has been an issue in the past, ruptures and repairs. I quit but then I am always the one to repair. It would be nice if t would sometimes try and reach out or apologise for her part in ruptures. She usually blames me.
Thank you for trying to understand and for not thrashing t. I know that there are two of us in this relationship and it’s not all ya fault.
It sounds like you're calculating your behavior to try to make her be the one to reach out - by quitting, then going back and cancelling. I can understand wanting to do this. However, T's aren't really supposed to "reach out" and convince clients who told them they quit to come back. That would go against client autonomy. Have you told your T that you feel like she never owns her part of ruptures? Because what it sounds like happens is that there is a rupture, which you both contribute to, and then that leads to a series of escalating episodes of you acting out, which is your own responsibility.

Are you still trying to text her, or did you leave her a voicemail?
fille_folle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
feileacan, weaverbeaver, Whalen84