*Laurie*
Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2015
5,382 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 04, 2018 at 10:34 AM

Thank you all so much.

luvyrself, My husband isn't being bothered by the smoke. *sigh* Of course, it's me who is having trouble with it. I cannot understand how anyone cannot be affected by this air, but it seems to be that way. As for his broken foot, he's wearing a surgical "boot" and limping around like a trooper. He has enough stamina for 5 people, and I have practically none. Also, he lives in his house (1 mile from where I live), so I think he's more protected from the smoke. I know he thinks I'm weak and just need to "change my way of thinking". After 35 of marriage, I'm not even addressing what he thinks of me 'cause he's stuck with me, regardless.

I did try the mask - oddly, didn't help. I guess that's why I haven't seen other people wearing masks.

No, no one to take care of my cats. My daughter and son-in-law live in a town nearby that is all smoked in, too. In fact, they left and went up the coast to stay with his dad. (Guess who is caring for their cats this week-end? Yup!)
My son is in SF (85 miles west). Anyway, I won't leave my cats. But thank you, I appreciate your reply.

BTW - If I had the $$$$$, and if my car wasn't (again!) in the shop I would take my 4 cats and rent a cabin on the coast. But that would cost thousands .

I was in a nice coffeehouse near my apartment and saw one of the band members of Journey buying a superfood drink - I'm betting he was driving through town from east of here on his way to the coast to get out of this mess. Nice to be a rock star with loads of bucks.
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32891