View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Aug 06, 2018 at 03:22 PM

Gee... I wish I knew what to tell you about this. But I don't imagine I do. However I noticed no one had replied to your post. So I thought I would.

I guess my thinking on the subject would be that you should not respond. "Getting your goat", so to speak, is probably just what these people want. So perhaps the answer here is to simply ignore them. And then if you are seeing a therapist take the opportunity to talk, in therapy, about how all of this makes you feel.

I know you wrote you don't care. But I would suspect that on some level you do. And these sorts of things hurt even if you tell yourself they don't. It's important to have someone with whom you can process this. However my personal bias is that you can't do this with family members or friends. So therapy, it seems to me, may be the alternative.

Beyond that, I suspect the answer here may be to simply focus on your life, your activities & your goals. Ultimately you can't control what other people say or do. You only have control over yourself. So concentrating on what you want to achieve in your life, & simply ignoring the "tongue waggers", may be the best or at least the most practical solution. I wish you well...
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01