View Single Post
atomicc
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2013
391 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Frown Aug 08, 2018 at 03:48 PM

Someone said to me recently (interestingly enough it was my ex-fiance who cheated on me), "You are not responsible for others mistreatment of you" and that hit me really hard. I've always been someone to take the blame and think how someone else treated me is somehow my fault.
I find myself thinking, "Well if I just compromised myself just a bit more for them or If I was good enough this wouldn't happen"
I know that it all ties back to my abysmal self-esteem, but I'm curious if anyone else feels this way?
Some days I can combat it because I know I am a kind, giving person who maybe just gives too much love away, but other days it really drags me down.

I no longer qualify for a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, but there will always be my borderline traits that I struggle with especially during times of great stress.

I've been working passionately as a therapist since December 2016
atomicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Breaking Dawn, Buffy01, Fuzzybear, HereForAFriend, InnocentDemon, Nowlosingsanity, poshgirl, Purple,Violet,Blue, RoxanneToto, ShaneG

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, LilyMop, Nowlosingsanity, poshgirl, ShaneG, WovenGalaxy