Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 09, 2018 at 06:44 AM

Thanks UpDownAround,

I did have a better day yesterday.

I at least talked with one of my councilors at IOP. Then I went down to the hospital for my appointment with my T. That was the bad part, she'd called in sick and no one thought to call me, so I sat around waiting for half an hour until someone found me, and told me she was sick. But it wasn't a total waste. I went for acupuncture, much needed, and it was really good. Totally took my cravings away. And then I went to Divine Diva's. The content was really interesting, but I'm not sure about the other participants - it's a low barrier to entry group, and a lot of the women were definitely functioning at a lower level than I am. I'll go to a couple more sessions to see how it is.

Then I went out for dinner with my friend and had fettuccine Alfredo - definitely not on my diet, but it was so yummy. And no urges to drink.

Today it's back to IOP, and then on to an appointment to see my pdoc. That'll be good. It's been about 7 weeks since I've seen him, so I'm overdue for an appointment.

So day 2 today, and I'm feeling pretty confident I can make it through the day without drinking.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, childofchaos831