View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 09, 2018 at 07:26 PM

I was going to say that too - 1:53 is so specific, what happens if your watches aren't in sync?

I think that you might want to consider that this T is just not that good at actually thinking through the logistics of the situation. He clearly didn't make the mental leap that if you have to be at the clinic at 2, that at 1:53 (or even better, 1:58!) you'd be about to step in with a patient, and absolutely not in an appropriate place to discuss what's going on with you. That's just crazy!

So, I don't think you did anything wrong. But, for your own self-interest, you might want to block off times when you can't talk, rather than expecting him to be able to extrapolate. So, for example, in this case, maybe give yourself an extra 30 minutes on either side of work, and say, "I'm busy from 1:30 - 5:30, but any other time is fine."

It sucks, but it might be a useful way to make sure this doesn't happen again.

And, hopefully he'd be available after 5 for an emergency. In this case, I'd be surprised if he wasn't able to accommodate a call after hours (but before he goes to bed at 10!)

The whole thing about "do you really want me to call you at 2:15am" - was priceless. Thanks for sharing that. And, it also shows that he really isn't thinking this stuff through!

I'm sorry that he screwed this one up, but glad you're going to see him tomorrow... hopefully you can get it all straightened out with him.
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lemoncake

Thanks for this!
chihirochild, ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight, malika138